Ruskin Junior School is based in the heart of the community and we like to share news and events within the local area.
Please check back regularly to see the latest information on events and opportunities.
As a school our children and families really get behind fundraising events - both for local charities and national ones. This area will be updated with certificates for those events we have taken part in.
- Mayors Charities 2020
- Poppy Appeal 2019
- Red Nose Day 2019
- MacMillan Coffee Morning 2019
- Threshold's Big Swindon Sleepout 2019 - Poster, Registration Information, Registration Form and Sponsorship Form
Please find following information about clubs and events which will take part during the upcoming Easter holidays.
In light of the recent circumstances the SJR Sports Holiday Camp has been cancelled as have the majority of planned Easter break events.
Local Events and information
We have also received information about other local events and activities that you may find interesting:
- PlayFootball are now running pay and play sessions during every holiday - details attached
- Tadpole Farm are holding a Book Festival in June this year - everyone is welcome and authors are attending! Details here
- Casting call for CBBC Step Up to the Plate season 2 - flyer and application form
- Please find attached information regarding Swimming Lessons run by "Swim Stars"
- There are Flu Vaccination Clinics available for those who missed this year - details are attached
- Swindon Borough Council are running the JobFest again this year for those aged 16-25 - find the details here
- The Oasis have sent us an interesting newsletter regarding "Better Winters" - do have a read
- Wednesday Free Cafe at Meadowcroft Community Centre - everyone is welcome! They also have free food/drinks from local supermarkets which they would like to issue to the local community rather than dispose of it! Come along, meet other locals and build our community.
- Rock-Pod at Swindon Young Musicians - this is an opportunity for children in Year 5 & 6 to join a band - details here
- Little Kickers Football - details here
- Tennis Coaching is now available in Highworth - see their flyer for more information
- Please find attached information regarding the Young Photographers 2019-2020