PE at Ruskin Junior School
Purpose of Government Funding for Primary PE
Ruskin Junior School receive funding from the government to spend on developing our provision of PE and sport within Ruskin Junior School.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but we, as a school, have the freedom to choose how we do this.
Possible uses for the funding, as suggested by the government, might include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- Supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing pupil’s participation in the School Games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs